It’s a warm day and the smell of fried jelly beans is in the air. Do you know where you are?
Fried jelly beans?! You can only be one place – the State Fair of Texas where they’ll take just about any food, batter it up, put a stick in it, and fry it!
The State Fair of Texas opened September 26. I know your Fair Day is not until October 13 but it’s never too early to start planning your fun. What fried food are you BRAVE enough to try THIS year?
- Chicken Fried Bacon – bacon dipped in batter and breaded then fried
- Texas Fried Jelly Belly Beans – jelly beans rolled in funnel cake batter then fried
- Deep Fried S’mores – marshmallow cream and chocolate chips in graham crackers, dipped in batter then fried
- Fire & Ice – a pineapple ring battered then fried topped with banana-flavored whipped cream that’s frozen in liquid nitrogen (so it’s smoking) and covered with strawberries and syrup
- Fried Pop Rocks Fundae Blast – fried ice cream topped with Hershey’s syrup and Pop Rocks with a Twizzler fuse and an Atomic Fireball inside
- Fried Dinner Roll – a dinner rolled filled with cream cheese and dipped in batter then fried
- Ignited Moon Pie – a Moon Pie dipped in batter then fried
Check out the complete list of fair food and plan your eating adventure!