So, I’m heading to the Texas Library Association Conference in downtown Dallas later this week and, instead of driving, I’m hopping onto DART rail. WHY am I taking the train instead of driving?
- I can nap on the train on the way down AND on the way back home.
- I won’t have to worry about fighting traffic or finding a place to park.
- I’ll have to be able to carry all my stuff back onto the train and therefore won’t be tempted by the crazy discounts on books, thus saving me money.
- I’m hoping it wil be a few steps backward in carbon footprinting.
- I can spend my non-napping travel time catching up on my reading.
- It’s a great way to enjoy the Metroplex scenery…it’s also great people watching.
- The cost of my train ticket is cheaper than filling up my gas tank.
- Did I mention that I can nap on the train on the way down AND on the way back home? 🙂
I’ll be leaving from the Parker Road station but, did you know that DART stations are coming to Carrollton? In a few years, there will be 3 light rail stations in Carrollton. Just think, if you want to head to American Airlines Center for a concert or Mavs game, you can hop on the rail. Someday you’ll even be able to take the rail up to Denton and over to Fort Worth!
Of course, you don’t have to wait for the rail to get to Carrollton. Visit the DART website to learn about the many rail destinations.
Are you ready for the rail to come? Where would you like it to take you? Leave us a comment and let us know!